Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Book A Month - Book Four (Blogtoberfest 29)

I finished The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time last night. It took me longer than a month but I am okay with that. I got a lot of other things accomplished instead. I am ambivalent about the book - I am not really sure what I think of it. I guess I think the book is just okay. Maybe that is also why it took me so long to get through it. I just wanted to finish it so that I can go on to the next book.

I was fortunate enough to hear this woman speak last night:

Barbara Coloroso

What an inspirational speaker! I think I had tears in my eyes 5 times during her two hour talk. After hearing her speak I thought that I just had to read her book Kids Are Worth It for my next book. As usual, I already own the book but had not yet read it.

I am looking forward to this book.

1 comment:

  1. A book I'm reading right now is called The Book Theif by Markus Zusak. It's really good. It's set in WWII Germany. It's about a young German girl and the book is narrated by Death. It's really quite interesting! Someone on Twitter recommended it to me and I picked it for this month in the book club I'm in because I wanted the chance to read it!

    ReplyDelete