The article continues on from there and goes on to talk about the impact of 9/11 on the world. However, the article got me thinking about what I have done in the past decade. I think most people experience a lot of changes going from age 20 to age 30 (finishing school, starting a career etc.). What about the time between the age of 25 to age 35?
When I think about all of the things that I have done in the past 10 years it is pretty astounding.
In 10 years:
- we moved from Kelowna to the Lower Mainland
- Jeff started his PhD
- I started my teaching career (teaching grades 2/3, 2 and 1)
- I completed several marathons & half-marathons
- I completed the Ironman Canada Triathlon
- we tried unsuccessfully to get pregnant using IVF
- Jeff graduated with his PhD in Computer Science
- we went to Las Vegas
- we moved from BC to Ontario
- we bought our first home
- we became landlords
- I worked as an Education Assistant
- Jeff started his faculty position at the University of Waterloo
- Heather was born
- our beloved cat Meiko died
- Addie was born
- we got a new cat called Tassie
- I lost 2 grandparents
- Lauchlan was born
- Jeff was denied tenure
- Jeff was granted tenure
- we traveled back & forth to BC so we could show off our children
- we became full-fledged campers
- we have met so many wonderful neighbours and friends
- I started my blog
What sort of goals did you accomplish in the last decade? What was special about it?
Happy New Year to you and your family!