Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's Gone!

I got my hair cut tonight, and I mean really cut! I am still not even sure how I feel about it. I think it will take some getting used to but I am glad that I did it.

I have been hiding behind my hair, afraid to make a drastic change for many reasons. I am trying to branch out, try new things, be less afraid.

I am someone who does not like change. I function better when I know what is coming and when I know what to predict. Change is hard, but it is good too.

I almost did not want to go to Italy because I was so worried about how the kids would be without us. Guess what? They not only survived, they thrived! Change is good for everyone!

I am petrified of heights and yet I stepped outside the box and not only went up the Leaning Tower of Pisa (sweating buckets the whole time and frozen in fear at the top - for about 20 seconds) I also went to the top of the cupola at St. Peter's Cathedral at the Vatican. Facing my fears.

My hair today at 4:45 p.m.

My hair today at 9:30.



When I got to the salon tonight and the stylist asked me what I was thinking of doing I told her that I was thinking of going short. When I showed her the photo she exclaimed, "OH! You mean really short!". I had 3 photos of styles that I liked and Tania narrowed it down to 2 photos for me - the really short hair style and then a really short bob style. We both agreed that the bob would just grow out to look like my hair usually does. That was what I was hoping to avoid. I usually come back from getting my hair cut with great hair, but hair that looks pretty much the same as always. For some reason I just felt like hacking it off this time. I told Tania to just cut it short. Hurry, before I change my mind.

When she was cutting it I started having second thoughts. That ever happen to you? At the end of the cut I started thinking that I made a big mistake, but once Tania put in some hair wax I thought the hair cut looked okay.

I have been going back and forth all night about the cut and keep looking in the mirror. I like it and it reminds me of Jamie Lee Curtis, but then it also reminds me of Monchhichis (remember them?). I am sure that after a few more days I will be used to it and like it. I can tell you that I already love that my long hair is not sticking to the back of my neck in a sweaty mess!

Up next on my list of fears to face: hot air ballooning with Jeff!

10 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you for taking the leap. I think the new short-haired Trish looks even hotter than the long-haired Trish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look freaking HOT!!!! Love the haircut, you look younger and more mature at the same time, both in a good way. Totally Jamie-Lee Curtis. I even think you look more fit with your haircut. And your handsome hubby likes it too. Very inspiring :) I saw a girl while on holidays with a messy curly bob with thick blond highlights hmmmm. I need a change too. Hot air ballooning is on my list too.
    Cheers
    Beck

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome!!!! Very very brave step.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Big change yes but definately love it. Well done you brave thing (and yes have those second thoughts in the hair salon all the time - like yday. I went from long bob growing out determined to just get it neatened up as starting back at work Monday to "go shorter" just to a short short bob but lots of cutting off the length at the back so there goes the growing out idea. looks excellent as you walk out of the salon and pretty good today even though I havent touched it but then I think Hmmmm just added another year to the horrible growing out phase. Hair! Never happy with it. Think the short great for summer and swimming and running etc too. Whats next after ballooning??

    ReplyDelete
  5. suits your pretty face, Tricia. How gorgeous! Good for you for taking the leap...

    I love Jamie Lee Curtis, but I think it's also very Halle Berry! At least now when you go hot air ballooning, your hair won't get blown around and you come out of the balloon looking like Boy George ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! And super sporty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Very happy & relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better short, it took along time to realize but well worth it, no?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great with short hair! I chopped mine off not long ago, but considering going even shorter.
    Thanks for your kind comments about Orion. He is a lovely dog in and out!

    ReplyDelete