Thursday, September 8, 2011

His First Day

Lauchlan's first day of preschool was yesterday. Let's just say that he was not excited about it. At all. Why do I always make the mistake of mentioning the preschool too early in the morning? I wanted to give him some warning (and we did talk about it the previous day a little) so I told him just as he was about to sit down for breakfast. Big mistake. He cried and screamed and basically had a fit for the next hour after that. We tried to reassure him and comfort him but it didn't help. I also drove his friend J to preschool and she was (thankfully) as calm as could be. The scene at the preschool was very dramatic. There were only 3 kids there at the time and 2 were crying. I handed Lauchlan to his teacher kicking and screaming and his other friend CJ was also crying. Meanwhile, J was just standing there with wide eyes likely wondering why she was stuck with these two crying boys.

I knew that once I left Lauchy would be okay and sure enough, when I arrived a few hours later to pick him up he was singing along with his teacher. He had a terrific morning and ate a ton of snack.

We had such a nice lunch together
(Lauchy's request was cheese and crackers).

Charlie joined us as well (he loves cheese).

Lauchy's first day of school photo (taken long after
preschool ended - at about 3:10)

I am really looking forward to having 2 1/2 hours to myself tomorrow while the girls are at school and Lauchy is at preschool. Jeff will be the one taking him tomorrow. I sure hope that Lauchy is happier tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. oh, i can relate! i clearly remember that i cried every day for the first two weeks of kindergarten! glad the little guy was happy when you picked him up! enjoy that free time tomorrow, tricia!

    ReplyDelete