Friday, February 17, 2012

Cardboard City

I saw this idea on another blog and thought it was great!


I started saving boxes a few weeks ago.

I painted them with white acrylic paint - two coats.

I put tape on the opening of the box and then
enlisted the kids to help decorate the boxes.

They have been playing with them a lot ever since!

Here are a few that I did - simple, easy, fun.

Another one of mine.

Lauchy's house?

I think this person is in jail. By Addie...

Heather added a police office.

She also added a doctor's office.

And then, there is Jeff's creation. A little over-the-top,
wouldn't you say? Not that I am jealous or anything!

Every city needs a university!

I am sure on the weekend we will a few more buildings to our collection!

3 comments:

  1. They all look great! I am going to share this on my blog's Facebook page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah!! your village is so cute! what fun! i love "university of orchard!" that is an awesome family project.
    i spent many happy hours as a child putting coloured construction paper over shoe boxes to make houses and garages for fisher-price people. so glad to see other children enjoying similar play time - and i love how you ALL contributed to the village! (also love that one box is vector cereal, haha!).

    ReplyDelete