Friday, February 24, 2012

Feeling The Love!

The kids all had fevers again today. The girls have been coughing and coughing. Lauchy's nose has been oozing green fluid all day. It has been a long, tiring, and cranky day. I haven't gotten a fever (yet) but I have also been coughing and can feel a tightness in my chest and aches in my upper body. I am definitely fighting something off. And oh yes, Jeff got picked up at 3 a.m. last night and headed to Salt Lake City.

On my own with 3 sick kids. But I don't think I've ever felt more loved than today! I had friends offering to get me groceries, friends offering to loan me DVD's. I had another friend offer to come over tonight so that I could go for a run (too sick to, though).

We went out briefly this morning to pick up some videos and when we got home I found this in the door...


A Venti Caramel Macchiato for me (at least I think it was that - it said CM on the sleeve) and a hot chocolate for all 3 kids! Talk about spoiled! It was from my lovely friend N! What a thoughtful and much appreciated surprise! Starbucks is one place that I would never venture into on my own with 3 kids, but I do enjoy their coffee! This truly was a treat for me!


Not long after another friend showed up at the door with a frozen lasagna for me and the kids! I mean, come on! How lucky can I be? It was such a thoughtful thing to do and again, very much appreciated. Just one less thing to think about today.

I just want to thank everyone for thinking of me today! Wow! I have an amazing group of friends and neighbours!

The kids are in bed and I am all ready to curl up with this (the book, not the phone!).


♥ Thanks again friends!

1 comment:

  1. ah - these random acts of kindness examples are just wonderful, tricia!! what lovely surprises!
    hope the children are feeling better today, and that you do not get fully sick!!
    my dad traveled when we were little, and mom always said that as soon as he pulled away, one or both of us would get sick - murphy's law!

    ReplyDelete