Thursday, February 9, 2012

May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favour

I am sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I pretty much stopped doing everything else so that I could read The Hunger Games trilogy. I don't think obsessed is too strong a word for the way I feel about this series.

I vaguely remember Jeff mentioning an audio book that he listened to last year, but since we don't normally like the same books, I sort of ignored him (sorry, hon). Recently, a friend told me that she had read and loved the first book and since we do like the same books, I decided to read them.

I ordered the trilogy through Lauchy's preschool and it arrived last Wednesday. By Friday afternoon I was finished the first book, and by Saturday night I finished the second book. I told Jeff on Saturday that there was no way we could watch a movie Saturday night after all. I had to keep reading. After the weekend ended my reading time was significantly reduced as I had to attend to all the usual pesky things like groceries, dinner prep, swimming lessons and so on. What a pain! I was tempted to use my friend Rebecca's suggestion of tossing Cheerios on the floor and letting the kids fend for themselves.

I finally finished the 3rd book last night and I was completely overwhelmed when I was done. I cried a lot. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but if you haven't read it, you should. If you want to borrow the books from me, just ask. I would love to hear what other people think about the series.

The movie is coming out March 23 and you can bet that I will be in line with all the tweens and teens to see it opening night. I have lost count of the number of times I have watched the movie trailer. Too many times. I adore the actors that they have chosen and absolutely cannot wait to see them on the big screen.

I posted a link to the movie trailer on Facebook but it was eventually disabled. If it doesn't work here, then look it up on YouTube. The movie looks so good!

1 comment:

  1. wow, did you ever speed through that series, tricia! way to go! had to laugh at your comment that the movie plans got pushed aside in favour of reading!
    i have not read the series, but have heard RAVES from everyone who has...maybe i will need to jump on board!
    ok, maybe not cheerios on the floor...but i bet the kids would not have objected to bowls of cereal for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete