Saturday, March 10, 2012

Crafty Kids

I found this idea on the Kiwi Crate web site and knew that my kids would love it. I had to do most of it because the activity involved the glue gun, but they had fun choosing Popsicle sticks and fabric.

You need approximately 18-20 Popsicle sticks.

Line 10 of them up like this.

Put the remaining sticks perpendicular and glue down.

Add mast and sail. Voila!

For detailed instructions go to the Kiwi Crate page!


After the pirate ships were done, the kids had a blast making people out of the Popsicle sticks and fabric! They have been working on this activity for 2 days now!







I love it when the kids come up with ideas all on their own. Just give them some materials and they are way more creative than I could ever be!

1 comment:

  1. what a super cute project, tricia! that is fun that your kids are so into it - and after they are done making everything, i bet they incorporate the ships and the people into even more creative/imaginative play!
    thanks for sharing the idea - i'm always on the lookout for crafts to do with my nieces!

    ReplyDelete