I also attempted the challenge last year, but changed my goal to 40 books rather than 52. I don't think I even wrote about the book challenge last year and I only read 20 out of 40 books.
This year, I am once again trying to read 40 books. I am not sure how easy it will be given that we will be painting our house, packing up our house, and moving to a new country, but I will still give it a go!
So far I have read:
Little House in the Big Woods - Laura Ingalls Wilder
Bossy Pants - Tina Fey
Shitty Mom - Laurie Kilmartin
I am currently reading Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson. It is a fascinating book, but it is also almost 500 pages. I am sure that this book will get me a little behind in the challenge, but I know I will be reading some "easy" books later on (tween and kid novels).
Some of the other books that I am hoping to read this year:
- Sweetness In The Belly - Camilla Gibb
- We Need To Talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver
- Cutting For Stone - Abraham Verghese
- The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald (I've already read this, but want to re-read before the movie comes out)
- Graceling - Kristin Cashore
- City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare
- Lullabies for Little Criminals - Heather O'Neill
- A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
- The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
I also hope to continue with the "Little House on the Prairie" series with the kids, as well as the "A Series of Unfortunate Events" series.
Any other suggestions?