Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The Final Countdown

Days left at school: 15
Days left in this house: 20
Days left until we are in Canada: 28
Days left until Lauchy's birthday: 6 (poor kid, I almost forgot about his upcoming birthday!)

28 days! I still can't believe it. Time is funny. For the first half of the sabbatical time seemed to go by so slowly. Now, with less then a month to go, time is suddenly flying by!

I am taking an on-line course right now through The University of Toronto. It is an excellent course and I have learned a lot, but it is taking up so much of my time. The course, called Reading 1, is about teaching reading and ironically there is so much reading to do! It took me a long time to get everything in place before I could sign-up for the course and I was mad at myself for not getting things done earlier (criminal record check and reinstating my teaching certificate). I kept thinking if I had my act together I could have taken Reading 1 in the fall, Reading 2 in the winter, and be taking Reading 3 right now. However, now that I see how much time it is taking up, I am glad that I didn't start taking courses in September. I would have spent all my time working and not getting out and seeing Bristol!

Anyways, the point of writing about my course is that it will be finished on Friday, the 13th. That same day after school Lauchy is having friends over for a goodbye party. The next day Addie is having a party in the morning, Heather is having a party in the afternoon, and we are having a party in the evening. I will then have the whole week after to purge, pack and clean without anything else to distract me.

While I continue to work on my course during the day, Jeff is starting the process of cancelling services here and calling Canada to start getting things back in place once we get home. The sabbatical has been amazing, but the prep work at the beginning and at the end is very time consuming.

I must get back to my course! Here are a few more London photos:







3 comments:

  1. I can hardly believe it. Savour all these last days of your sabbatical (well, maybe not the course work part), and we can't wait to see you when you're home sweet home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marnie! We can't wait to see you, too! :)

      Delete
  2. I was walking the dogs with F on Saturday evening. She was hoping to run into friends in the neighbourhood -- and we both thought of you and your family. We're looking forward to having you back in the neighbourhood again.

    ReplyDelete